Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tortellini with Prosciutto and Peas

_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00090

Please excuse the picture, I guess I’m a messy eater!  But this was TAST-E!  Another fast recipe…this is from the “Weeknight Cooking” section from Food Network Mag.  Easy cleanup too.  Can’t beat that.  Because by the time I get off work and exercise, I don’t feel like making some time consuming thing with all kinds of steps.  But these quick meals are good and still kinda healthy…well healthier than order pizza or having mexican every night!  I did use Half & Half instead of cream, come on!  Plus there’s peas and we had a salad.

Source:  Food Network Magazine, April 2010

Printable

Ingredients:
1 lb. meat-filled tortellini, I used one with chicken
olive oil
4 oz. prosciutto, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
I also added ½ onion, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
¼ cup heavy cream (I used Half n Half)
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup parmesan cheese

  1. Boil water in a large pot and cook tortellini according to package directions.
  2. Cook prosciutto (and onions) in olive oil until crisp, 3 or 4 minutes.  Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.  Add in a cup or so of the pasta cooking water and cream and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes. 
  3. Drain tortellini and mix with the sauce.  Add in the defrosted peas, the pasta and sauce will heat them.  (I usually set mine out on the counter while I'm cooking so they're pretty much defrosted.)  Sprinkle in the parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment