Adapted from Southern Living, Feb. 2011
- Frozen or refrigerated biscuits
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ cups frozen cubed hash browns
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken, I used a rotisserie chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 package cream cheese (you may not need the whole package, I only used about ¾ of it)
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix (I only used a little over half of the packet, season to taste)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in oil over medium-high heat until golden. Add in hash browns and cook 5 minutes until slightly browned and heated. Add chicken and next 5 ingredients, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and everything is thoroughly heated. Stir in vegetables and cook 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve over biscuits.