Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dining Room Update

I found a cool mirror and a pair of Chinese rubbings to hang in my dining room. 


We also had a piece of glass cut for the top of our table, so it will be super easy to wipe clean after we eat.  
I'm still working on finding an area rug and some drapes or curtains in here.  And I may have to change the fabric on the chairs.  The cinnamon/rust color is just not working for me.  It's not one of my colors.

Even though it is a dining room and I want to display my pretty wedding gifts, I don't want it to feel too too formal.  I want it to be a comfy place to eat, play games, and have casual get-togethers, not a museum where you can't touch anything.

So here's what the room looks like now.    



And click here to see what the dining room looked like when we bought the furniture over New Years.  Eh, it's a start.  A rug and drapes are my priorities right now.  I just have to find the right ones!  It takes time.  

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment