Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Orzo Salad

This is a copy cat recipe for J. Alexander’s Orzo and Wild Rice Salad.  I’ve never had the restaurant version, but everyone who has said it tastes just like J. Alexander’s.

IMG00113

This serves a LOT!  I recommend halving this recipe if you’re not feeding an army.  That’s a 4.5 quart bowl in the picture and that doesn’t include the other container in my fridge.  I made an extra large batch so I would have some to take to a cookout Sunday night and some for our family cookout Monday afternoon.  I still have a good amount leftover, so guess what I’ll be having for lunch all week!

Adapted from AllRecipes and cdkitchen.

Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

2 boxes Orzo

2 packages Wild Rice

½ medium red onion

1 red bell pepper

1 yellow bell pepper

1 can corn kernels, drained

3 green onions, chopped

½ cup currants (omitted because I couldn’t find them in the store)

2-3 garlic cloves, chopped

 

Dressing:

½ cup white balsamic vinegar

4 Tbsp. lemon juice

¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil

¾ cup canola oil

4 Tbsp. honey

2 Tbsp. dijon mustard

2 garlic cloves, chopped

1 Tbsp. dried basil

S&P

 

  1. Cook orzo and wild rice according to package directions.  Cool in refrigerator.
  2. For the dressing:  Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic, basil, s&p. Slowly whisk in the oils.
  3. Place all ingredients in a large bowl (including dressing) and toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment