"CAL Seal of Approval"
Sorry for the bad picture, it was an after-thought because this was SCARFED UP so fast!
- 1 cup preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, instead of egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (I cooked 4 chicken breasts with an onion, green pepper, and 1 jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles), stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until set. (It takes longer than 15 minutes. I baked mine for 20-25 minutes and it could have used maybe 5-10 more.) Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.