Source: Pat and Gina Neely
I forgot to take a picture of this Thursday night, but I'll try to remember to snap one when I have a bowl of leftovers.
This is perfect on a cold snowy night, like the past few we've had. It has a little kick to it, but it is DE-lish! You can use just 1 jalapeno or leave it out if you don't like spicy food.
- Bacon, 6-8 slices, chopped
- 1 large onion or 2 small
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeds removed and diced
- 3 or so Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4-5 red potatoes, scrubbed well and diced small
- 2 cups heavy cream or half-n-half
- 2-16 oz. packages frozen corn
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- bay leaf
- Garnishes: cheese, green onions, sour cream
- Saute bacon in a soup pot until browned. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate but leave the drippings in.
- Add in onions and both peppers. Saute until tender, add in garlic and season with S&P.
- Stir in flour and cook for a minute.
- Add in chicken stock and potatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in corn, cream, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with the bacon and cheddar cheese.