Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
















Ok I'm slightly embarrassed by this recipe, because it has Cheez Whiz in it, but It. Is. So. GOOD!

Shhhh! You don't have to tell anyone there's Cheez Whiz in it. I'm sure there's a way to make it with a roux, or maybe just some mayonnaise or sour cream and real cheddar, but this is the recipe I know and I didn't want to change it.


This is the whole recipe for a 9x13 casserole dish, but I just made a half recipe this time and used an 8x8.

  1. Brown 8-10 Chicken Breasts with butter, maybe 1/2 stick, in a large skillet until cooked through. Season with S&P. (I used 4 cooked in 2 little pats of butter)
  2. Meanwhile, cook 2 cups of Rice and defrost 2 packages of frozen chopped Broccoli. (1 cup rice and 1 pkg. broccoli)
  3. Remove chicken from pan and saute 1 onion and 3-4 stalks celery. (1 onion, 2 stalks celery)
  4. Add in 1 can Cream of Mushroom and 1 can Cream of Chicken soup and a small jar of Cheez Whiz. Heat until melted. (I just used 1 cream of mushroom and a few scoops out of the Cheez Whiz)
  5. Mix together this mixture, with the chicken, broccoli, and rice; put in a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes until hot and bubbly. This can be made ahead and frozen.
Printable Recipe
Source: A Slice of Sikeston, Chapter HB P.E.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment