Thursday, July 8, 2010

Watermelon Salad

Printable Recipe

_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00148

Ok.  I know what you’re going to say…”That doesn’t sound good.”  But I’m telling you…it is a-mazing.  It’s got that special combination of sweet and savory and it tastes out-of-this-world! 

We ended up with 2 whole watermelons at our Fourth of July cookout…for only 7 people!  We have watermelon out the ying-yang!  So I’ve been eating it for breakfast and lunch pretty much everyday, and I was looking for something different for it. 

And Paula Deen to the rescue! 

I just kind of eye-balled the ingredients, but this is approximately how much I used.

Ingredients:

6 cups watermelon, chopped into 1 inch cubes
½ red or white onion, thinly sliced
2-3 Tbsp. feta cheese
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:

  1. Toss watermelon, onion, and cheese in a medium bowl.
  2. Pour vinegar and oil over and toss again.  Season with salt and pepper.

 

Go make this now with all your extra watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment